Tuesday, January 10, 2023

One Week Down, 51 To Go

 I'm a little more than a week into this and the results are decidedly mixed so far. Let's take a look at the pros and cons.

Pro: I worked out every single day since the new year started and I plan to keep that going. I even work out on Sundays, which were previously a "rest day" for me.

Pro: I started meditating for 5 minutes before bed every night to get my mind right and relax, so I can hopefully fall asleep more quickly and stay asleep. I plan to gradually increase the amount of time I meditate each month.

Pro: I'm mostly keeping a consistent bedtime of 10-10:30 p.m., even on weekends.

Now it's time for the cons.

Con: I'm trying to adopt healthier eating habits, but it's a little struggle so far. I'm still doing some of the healthier things I was doing before, but consistency is an issue and avoiding temptation is challenging.

Con: I'm still prone to snacking and indulging on dessert. Not every night, but mostly still on weekends. Working in an office again and having snacks readily available is not helping with that either.

Con: I'm procrastinating on some of the changes I want to make to my fitness routine, i.e. signing up for yoga and kickboxing classes. I purchased a set of yoga classes but haven't started using those.

Con: I haven't even started on some of the other changes I wanted to make in the new year (e.g. Cleaning out my closet and getting rid of items I don't need or want anymore).

I guess I need to keep in mind it's still early January, so I still have plenty of time to start making the changes I wanted to make. But I can't keep procrastinating and telling myself I'll just reset at the start of each week. That's not how it works. The main theme of the changes I want to make is "discipline," and I just need to keep that in mind and stick to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment