Sunday, February 5, 2023

Starting Over

 It's fitting that Groundhog Day happened last week. Because that's exactly how I've been feeling lately with the changes I'm trying to make. Just the same old thing happening, over and over again.

I became sick with COVID not long after my last blog post, so that set everything back as I just tried to feel better. But ever since I recovered, I just feel lazier. I don't think it's long COVID - it's just me being lazy.

I skip a day or two working out here and there. My diet still needs a lot of improvement, and every time I try to start over with that I immediately fall off the wagon and back to bad habits. It's just so frustrating, because I expect better of myself and I know I can do better.

But all I can do is keep trying. Tomorrow is Monday, and I'm going to start over. Again. This time of year isn't great for this either, because A) It's winter and I hate cold weather and B) The Super Bowl is next Sunday, and everyone knows what that means, food-wise.

I'm probably most disappointed with my lack of discipline, since that is something I really wanted to improve on this year. But like I said, all I can do is keep trying and pushing forward. I'm trying not to beat myself up too much, but it's difficult. I feel like I'm still trying to figure out the right combination or routine to really get going with this, and that feels really challenging.

But I don't have a choice, really. If I want to make positive changes, I have to just keep trying and starting over. I'm determined to make it stick this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment